Classes to teach both children and adults how to balance, pedal, steer, stop and start a bike are available at the following places:
Bike & Walk Montclair – group classes are offered during the season in Montclair, NJ. Cost and registration here.
Bike New York – group classes are offered at the many Education Centers around the five boroughs of New York City, for free; register here.
TMAs – many of the state’s Transportation Management Associations teach classes. Check here for their individual websites.
Lessons are offered by the following instructors who are current League Cycling Instructors (LCIs) with the League of American Bicyclists; please contact them directly regarding classes:
Gerry Montague, LCI #5697
- email@example.com, 908-917-0841
- Teach in Somerset County, NJ.
- Bicycling 123 and Traffic Skills S101
- Available to teach privately; groups preferred over individuals.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-617-4987
- Teach in Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington Counties and beyond.
- Learn to Ride, Bicycling 123, Smart Cycling (all levels – Traffic Skills 101 and beyond)
- Available to teach privately and with organizations, both individuals and groups.
- You must be an LCI in good standing with the League of American Bicyclists.
- Listing on the page is $50 for the year and also comes with a bronze level membership in the NJ Bike & Walk Coalition. Please use the Donation button here.
- Send to email@example.com the following:
- your name and contact information – email, phone, website (your preference)
- the municipalities where you teach
- the classes you teach- Learn to Ride, Bicycling 123, Traffic Skills 101, etc.
- whether you teach privately or as part of an organization, or both