Classes to teach both children and adults how to balance, pedal, steer, stop and start a bike are available at the following places:
Bike & Walk Montclair – group classes are offered during the season in Montclair, NJ. Cost and registration here.
Bike New York – group classes are offered at the many Education Centers around the five boroughs of New York City, for free; register here.
TMAs – many of the state’s Transportation Management Associations teach classes. Check here for their individual websites.
Lessons are offered by the following instructors who are current League Cycling Instructors (LCIs) with the League of American Bicyclists; please contact them directly regarding classes:
Nathaniel Davis, LCI #1218
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-225-4987
- Teach in Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington Counties and beyond.
- Learn to Ride, Bicycling 123, Smart Cycling (all levels – Traffic Skills 101 and beyond).
- Available to teach privately and with organizations, both individuals and groups.
Paul Mickiewicz, LCI #2916 & Cycling Savvy Instructor
- PaulMickFit@gmail.com or 973-714-1685
- Teach in Essex and Hunterdon Counties
- Learn to Ride – Smart Cycling for Youth and Adults & CyclingSavvy.org
- Cycling Savvy Group Ride Leader training (online seminar)
- Personalized one on one instruction and group programming for schools, scouts, etc.
Andréa Silk, LCI # 6390
- email@example.com or 973-202-6716
- Primarily Teach in Essex County
- Private Lessons: www.silkstudio.com
- Group Classes: www.bikewalkmontclair.org
Randy “Wheels” Jackson, LCI # 4272
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-247-9280
- Private personal coaching in Essex County
- Learn to Ride Kids and Adults
- Recreational, Road, Gravel and Mountain Biking
Do you teach cycling classes in New Jersey? To be listed on our page, please follow the instructions here:
- You must be an LCI in good standing with the League of American Bicyclists.
- Listing on the page is $50 for the year and also comes with a bronze level membership in the NJ Bike & Walk Coalition. Please use the Donation button here.
- Send to email@example.com the following:
- your name and contact information – email, phone, website (your preference)
- the municipalities where you teach
- the classes you teach- Learn to Ride, Bicycling 123, Traffic Skills 101, etc.
- whether you teach privately or as part of an organization, or both